- September 2020: Collaborating with a number of UK universities, ABCP made a short video to welcome students coming from China to the UK for a degree programme. Watch the video by clicking the link here: HD version, SD version.
- June 2020: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2nd ABCP Annual Conference has now been postponed to 2nd and 3rd July 2021. See the ABCP 2021 conference web page for more details.
- Since the outbreak of COVID-19 in late January 2020, the ABCP has been working hard to help support frontline medical staff in China and in the UK to fight against the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 by organising donation campaigns. The Association and its members have also been organising other activities to help fight COVID-19.
- Dedicated web page for publicising all our COVID-19-related activities
- 28 June 2020: Public release of a survey report on how COVID-19 affects Chinese students’ decisions to study in the UK in the 2020-21 academic year
- 10 June 2020: News story about the ABCP activities against COVID-19 (全英华人教授协会新冠抗疫活动纪实) (in Chinese, English version to be released)
ABCP (Association of British Chinese Professors, 全英华人教授协会) is an independent and non-profit association dedicated to increasing its members’ impact and engaging in academic collaboration, in particular collaboration between the UK and China. ABCP members represent the highest calibre of Chinese academics in the UK across many fields. The Association has set up an official account on WeChat; please subscribe to it by scanning the QR-code to the right.
The missions of ABCP are:
- to promote academic excellence in education, engineering, social and physical sciences, medicine and emerging areas;
- to stimulate academic collaboration between members and beyond;
- to develop and new talents and provide mentorship to young academics;
- to promote Sino-UK communication and collaboration in a wide range of disciplines;
- to provide expert advice to policy-makers both in the UK and China to advance bilateral relations for the benefit of peoples of both countries.
Contact us via email@example.com if you have any queries or suggestions.