News about the organisation is listed here.
- 25 March – 1 April: An ABCP delegate of 12 people led by the President Prof Jianguo Lin visited China. They visited a number of governmental bodies and organisations in Beijing and Wuhan, including British Embassy in Beijing, British Council’s Beijing Office, British Consulate-General Wuhan, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Science and Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, National Natural Science Foundation of China, China Scholarship Council, Tsinghua University, Shougang Group, Zhongguancun Science Park, Wuhan Municipal Government, and Wuhan Donghu New Technology Development Zone City Management Bureau. A more detailed report in Chinese can be found here.
- 23 February: ABCP organised its first Chinese New Year gathering of its members in London. A number of guests from the China Embassy also attended.
- 20 February: ABCP organised a workshop on “The Future of Collaboration with China for the UK Universities” at the Magna Carta Island. A number of senior managers of UK universities including VCs and DVCs attended the workshop.
- 29 November: Jointly with the Chinese Life Scientists Society in UK (CLSS-UK), ABCP issued a joint public announcement regarding the recent event about Dr Jiangui He’s research on gene-modified humans. The announcement is currently available in Chinese only and can be found here.
- 18 September: Three members of ABCP, Prof Yi-Ke Guo (郭毅可) of the Imperial College London, Prof Jiangzhou Wang (王江舟) of the University of Kent, Prof Zhibing Zhang (张志兵) of the University of Birmingham, have been elected to be Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering (FREng).
- 24 June: ABCP was officially announced in London (Chinese news release).
- 13 June: The Chinese website is live.
- 8 May: The English website is live.
- 25 February: The second preparatory meeting was held in London (more than 100 British Chinese professors attended).
- 27 October: The first preparatory meeting was held at the University of Surrey.