ABCP 2020, the Second ABCP Annual Conference will be the largest and most inclusive activity of ABCP members and collaborators from different sectors including academia, research funders, industry, government and other sectors to meet and discuss UK-China collaborations in research, education, innovation and culture exchanges. ABCP 2020 is themed “Promotion of collaboration between China and the UK for developing joint research projects”. The Conference is open to all, including ABCP members, non-ABCP academics (Chinese and non-Chinese) and people from non-academic sectors such as industry and the public sector. We are also welcome early career researchers especially postdocs and graduating PhD students to attend. All participants will pay a registration fee of £100, but ABCP members will pay a reduced fee of £50. Non-ABCP members paying a standard fee (£100) can apply for being a member without paying the fee for one year (2020).
The official registration page is to be announced. Now we are running a survey to gather interests in attending the Conference:
Prof Hongming Xu (徐宏明教授), ABCP Vice-President for Policy & Membership, University of Birmingham
Prof Jianguo Lin FREng MAE (林建国院士), ABCP President, Imperial College London (General Co-Chair)
Prof Yi-Ke Guo FREng MAE (郭毅可院士), ABCP Vice-President for International Academic Affairs, Imperial College London (Chair for HEI Forum)
Prof Daqing Ma (马大青教授), ABCP Vice-President & General Secretary, Imperial College London (Track Chair for Medicine on Day 2)
Prof Jihong Wang (王吉红教授), ABCP Vice-President for Finance, University of Warwick (Finance Chair)
Prof Hongbiao Dong (董洪标教授), ABCP Vice-President for Industrial Liaison & Fund Raising, University of Leicester (Sponsorships Chair; Track Chair for Advanced Manufacturing on Day 2)
Prof Shujun Li (李树钧教授), ABCP Vice-President for Internal Communications & Public Relations, University of Kent (Exhibition Chair)
Prof Yulong Ding (丁玉龙教授), University of Birmingham (Local Arrangement Chair)
Prof Yaochu Jin (金耀初教授), University of Surrey (Track Chair for Artificial Intelligence on Day 2)
Prof Xiao-Ping Zhang (张小平教授), University of Birmingham (Track Chair for Energy on Day 2)
Prof KK Cheng (郑家强教授), University of Birmingham
Speakers and Special Guests
The following people have confirmed attendance as speakers or special guests. More are to be confirmed.
- Ambassador HE Liu Xiaoming (刘晓明大使), Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the UK
- Lord John Browne FRS FREng: Executive Chairman of L1 Energy; Former President of Royal Academy of Engineering (2006-2011); Chairman of ABCP’s International Advisory Board
- Prof Max Lu (逯高清教授) AO FREng FAA FTSE: President and VC of the University of Surrey; Co-Chairman of ABCP’s International Advisory Board
- Prof Sir David Stephen Eastwood DL FRHistS: VC of the University of Birmingham; former Chief Executive of the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) (2006-2009); Chair of Universitas 21
Day 1 – 15th June 2020
Invited keynote talks and panel discussions, including an HEI Forum for presidents and vice presidents of HEIs (higher education institutions) in China and the UK
Day 2 – 16th June 2020
Parallel sessions split into four thematic tracks: Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Manufacturing, Energy, and Medicine. If you are interested in presenting your research or contributing to any of the above tracks, please contact the corresponding Track Chair:
- Artificial Intelligence: Prof Yaochu Jin (金耀初教授), University of Surrey
- Advanced Manufacturing: Prof Hongbiao Dong (董洪标教授), University of Leicester
- Energy: Prof Xiao-Ping Zhang (张小平教授), University of Birmingham
- Medicine: Prof Daqing Ma (马大青教授), Imperial College London
We welcome industrial sponsors to provide financial and technical support for the event. Please contact Prof Hongbiao Dong (董洪标教授), ABCP Vice-President for Industrial Liaison & Fund Raising, for more details.
We will run an exhibition in parallel with the Conference’s main programme, and welcome HEIs (higher education institutions) in China and the UK, companies and other organisations to be exhibitors. Please contact Prof Shujun Li (李树钧教授), ABCP Vice-President for Internal Communications & Public Relations, for more details.